In the wake of the Republicans’ passage of their tax plan in both houses of Congress, we’ve decided to ask a number of progressive policy experts and thinkers a simple question: When the day comes that the Democrats have control of the White House and Congress, what kind of major tax reform should they pass and why?
We began this series in early December and will publish more piece in the coming weeks. These are the pieces published so far:
- Tax Reform Must Raise More Revenue, by Robert Greenstein
- Stop Quibbling and Think Big, by Steven Teles
- Tax Reform’s Higher Purpose, by Thea Lee and Hunter Blair
- Yes, We Need More Revenue, by Henry Aaron
- Make Medicaid Federal, by Merrill Goozner